Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 2003 23:42:38 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Dominik Brettnacher <domi@saargate.de>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Typhoon Optical Mouse problems

Hi,

a few days ago, when my old mouse stopped working I bought a Typhoon
Optical PS/2 Mouse with 3 buttons and a wheel (yes, it was cheap).
Unfortunately, it does not work out of the box on FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE. The
kernel shows this:

/kernel: psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
/kernel: psm0: model 4D+ Mouse, device ID 8

The mouse does not work correctly, i.e. trying to move the mouse results
in moving the mouse pointer to the left side of the screen. Additionally
it seems that moving the mouse is handles as button clicks. Trying moused
(with -t ps/2) produces the same results as using XFree with the PS/2
protocol type.

My question now is: what can I do to make this mouse working? In case the
psm(4) driver has to be changed, where do I start?

--
Yours,

Dominik