Date:      Sun, 15 May 2005 20:08:41 +0400
From:      Karolis Tamutis <karolis.t@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Getting bt878 tuner card to work

Hello, I recently bought a Leadtek winfast tv2000xp tuner card, which
is based on bt878 chipset. I installed the bktr driver, all went ok.
dmesg output:
# dmesg | grep bktr
bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xe6000000-0xe6000fff irq 5 at device 9.0 on pci=
0
bktr0: Leadtek Winfast TV 2000, Philips FR1236 NTSC FM tuner.

This means the card is detected and should be working?

What software should I use? I tried xawtv without success, since
scantv is for some reasons not included in the package installed from
port. What should I scan channels with? Also looked into mythtv, but
then realised it works only with Hauppauge PVR-250 card.