Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 2001 18:45:16 +0100
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
To:        Matt Heckaman <matt@LUCIDA.CA>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems with ports/linux_glide & voodoo 4

On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 12:31:41PM -0500, Matt Heckaman wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was thinking to post this to -ports, but since the pkg-descr for the
> port said to report problems to this list, here it is.
>
> I'm on a machine here running a Voodoo 4 4500 under XF86 4.0.2. I have the
> Linux glide port installed, however when I run the test-glide program:
>
> test00:
> Clear screen to blue
> 2.4b1
> Resolution: 640x480
> Press A Key To Begin Test.
> _GlideInitEnvironment: glide2x.dll expected Voodoo Graphics, none detected

AFAIK, the port still is for Voodoo 1 _only_ (Voodoo Graphics actually means
Voodoo 1) and therefore does not recognize a Voodoo 4. It also didn't work
with my Voodoo 2, for which I installed the appropriate Glide version from
3dfx, in much the same way as the port does.

For Voodoo 4, I think you have to compile the drm stuff with tdfx support.
Check the archive of -multimedia, look for Voodoo3 and DRI, there was
some discussion about it, although I don't know if there is a ready-to-apply
solution.

Good luck,
Karel.