Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2001 13:43:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        bmah@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        =?iso-8859-1?q?Gavin=20Kenny?= <gavinkenny@yahoo.co.uk>, net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TCP Flavour

<<On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:59:23 -0700, "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG> said:

> If memory serves me right, =?iso-8859-1?q?Gavin=20Kenny?= wrote:

>> What flavour of TCP is standard in the FreeBSD stack,
>> is it Reno or New Reno, Vegas, Tahoe any others?

> You didn't say what version of FreeBSD you were concerned with, but
> 4.3-RELEASE and later versions all use NewReno.

Well, um, yes and no.  FreeBSD includes the ``NewReno'' algorithm, but
it is probably not appropriate to characterize FreeBSD's TCP stack in
that way.  I would say that FreeBSD implementes the FreeBSD flavor of
TCP, which is a unique blend of ideas from many outside efforts, and
is based originally on the 4.4BSD stack.

-GAWollman