Date:      Fri, 18 Sep 1998 18:54:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Kulp <dkulp@neomorphic.com>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fxtv problems

I just picked up a Hauppauge card and have two big problems with fxtv:

1) The video is only in motion when some piece of window obscures the
display(!).  It's as though the behavior is the reverse of what it
should be, e.g. when I pull down a menu, it runs, but when I let go
of the menu the picture freezes again.  If I place any window slightly
over the display, the picture begins moving again.

2) The display has very noticable horizontal scan lines and it jitters
when displaying at full size.  Maybe this is related to (1)?  In any
case, if I run dtv-tuner I don't have any of these problems -- the
picture is much sharper and the video is smooth at full size.

info:
bktr0 <BrookTree 848> rev 17 int a irq 9 on pci0:13:0
Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips NTSC tuner.
xfree86 3.2
S3 video

thanks!
-david.