Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2005 05:30:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Maya Haridasan <mayaunb@yahoo.com>
To:        Paul Dlug <paul@nerdlabs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-cluster@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: booting Freebsd 4.10

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2005-February/

> 011944.html

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2005-February/

> 012161.html
>
> I haven't tried 4.10, 5.2.1 works for me if you do a
> PXE boot with
> scripted sysinstall. 5.3 I cannot get to go
> anywhere.
>
> --Paul

Thanks. No, ours are not IBM/Intel, but Nexcom. I'm
almost convinced it is a problem with the serial
console. Yesterday I was able to boot it by deleting
the file /boot/loader from the image. Loader tries to
probe the console and I believe that's where the boot
gets stuck. I still have to figure out the
implications of removing the file altogether, but at
least it's a start.

Thanks,
Maya