Date:      Wed, 18 May 2011 21:04:19 +0200
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Webcamd modularisation ongoing

Hi,

I'm currently restructuring webcamd to be more up to date with the following
git:

http://git.linuxtv.org/media_tree.git

I've created a new tool (~1000 LOC) called linux_make, which I've committed to
my I4B svn repositorium under the usbcam/ulinux/tools/linux_make folder.

This tool basically scans the Linux Makefiles and convert them into BSD ones
based on input from a "config" file. This is very much like menuconfig, only
more lightweight. For example I don't care about automatic dependencies.

Currently everything is built like a monotolith, but this new tool allows for
modules aswell, so that for example the UVC video driver is a .so file which
webcamd loads during startup.

When I've got all the bits and pieces together I will do the final switchover
to using media_tree.git. This might require some help from people that have
submitted driver patches to webcamd which might no longer apply.

--HPS

Reference:

svn --username anonsvn --password anonsvn \
      checkout svn://svn.turbocat.net/i4b/trunk/usbcam/ulinux