Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 23:09:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Cory Kempf <ckempf@enigami.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Getting Sound working on DK440LX

Hi,
Sorry if you are seeing this twice... from here, it doesn't look like it
made it out.

I have a DK440LX motherboard, which has a crystal audio sound card on
board.  I am running the -current that I downloaded night before last.
I would like to be able to run the various things in /usr/ports/audio
-- most of which seem to require /dev/dsp.

My kernel config has the following:
#controller     snd0
#device         sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
device pcm0 at isa? port ? tty irq 10 drq 1 flags 0x0 vector pcmintr
# crystal sound
#device css0    at isa? port 0x534 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x08 vector adintr

I have made the changes (from an earlier post) to make 0x3500630e map to
0x3600630e.

dmesg says:
Probing for PnP devices:
CSN 1 Vendor ID: CSC0b35 [0x350b630e] Serial 0xffffffff
This is a CS4236, but LDN 0 is disabled
pcm0 not found

Not what I was expecting, and sound doesn't seem to be happy yet.
Sound devices (other than speaker) are not showing up in /devs
(devfs), and when I do a MAKEDEV, the devices don't seem to work.

So, can someone clue me in on what I need to do to make sound work
properly on this system?  This stuff isn't by any chance documented
somewhere, is it?

Thanks,

+C