Date:      Sat, 21 May 2011 00:36:24 +0200
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   native sound tools in FreeBSD?

Hello,

Quick question: do we have any sound tools in FreeBSD that are
considered "native" (in other words, that comes with FreeBSD, without
installing any ports)?
I'm thinking of tools like these:
http://manuals.opensound.com/usersguide/ossplay.html
http://manuals.opensound.com/usersguide/ossrecord.html
http://manuals.opensound.com/usersguide/osstest.html

(yes, these examples are from OSS - that is not relevant)
The reason I ask is that I'm trying to figure out a problem I have with
Audacity, but the people in the officila Audacity forum know very
little about FreeBSD, so I need to "prove" that the problem in question
isn't with FreeBSD and / or the audio decices in question, but with
Audacity. See the other thread ("Audacity tries playback on wrong
device while recording") for the problem description.
--
Torfinn