Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2001 18:45:13 +0900
From:      "R. Lahaye" <lahaye@users.sourceforge.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Bt878 TV Card + fxtv freezes my PC

Hi,

[FreeBSD 4.4]

I have the "Little On Air" TV card (a Korean make), which is BT878.

I have recompiled the kernel with necessary device support and installed
fxtv (1.03) along with other related software.
(See below for kernel configuration and output).

Running fxtv as a regular user does nothing, but COMPLETELY freezing my PC.
Only switching the power off/on brings it back to life.

I have no idea how to debug this.
Any suggestions what's going wrong?

I myself am not a hardware/multimedia expert at all. Just wanted to watch
TV with FreeBSD. I hope someone can help me out here.

Thanks a lot!
Rob.

-----

Kernel configuration file "MYKERNEL":

[...]
device pcm         # PCM audio device driver, see pcm(4)

device bktr        # brooktree - video capture driver, see bktr(4)
device iicbus
device iicbb
device smbus
options BROOKTREE_SYSTEM_DEFAULT=BROOKTREE_NTSC

device meteor0     # meteor - video capture driver, see meteor(4)

Kernel output during boot up:

[...]
bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xf0dff000-0xf0dfffff irq 10 at device 17.0 on pci0
iicbb0: <I2C generic bit-banging driver> on bti2c0
iicbus0: <Philips I2C bus> on iicbb0 master-only
smbus0: <System Management Bus> on bti2c0
bktr0: Card has no configuration EEPROM. Cannot determine card make.
bktr0: Pinnacle/Miro TV, Temic NTSC tuner.
pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x109e, dev=0x0878) at 17.1 irq 10
pcm0: <ESS Solo-1E> port
0xfccc-0xfccf,0xfcc8-0xfccb,0xfce0-0xfcef,0xfcd0-0xfcdf,0xfc80-0xfcbf irq 11 at device
18.0 on pci0
pci0: <S3 868 graphics accelerator> at 20.0 irq 9
[...]