Date:      Wed, 11 May 2005 09:25:43 -0600
From:      "Phil E." <Clusters@mpecsinc.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Clustering List" <freeBSD-Cluster@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Introduction & RE: Clustering with Freebsd

Hello all,

My name is Philip Elder. I reside in St. Albert Alberta, Canada.

My wife and I run our own I.T. business here primarily focused on Windows
infrastructure though I still use the command line more than the GUI. :D

I am pretty green when it comes to FreeBSD. I am learning, slowly. My goal
is to build clusters, cluster based storage solutions, and some other ideas
jumping around in my mind. I chose FreeBSD because of its stability. BTW, I
do not have any programming experience at this time but I am willing to
learn to as well. I do have a fair amount of server based infrastructure
design, implementation, and support experience though (I've been in the
industry since the early 1990's).

I have been doing a lot of research and am wondering if perhaps this may be
a place to start as far as a file system foundation:

http://wiki.ethereal.com/ATA_20Over_20Ethernet

Here is more from the developer:

http://www.coraid.com/documents/SATAEtherDrive.pdf

Please feel free to let me know if I am way off base here as this is a good
way for me to learn! ;)

Thanks!

Philip Elder.