Date:      Sat, 16 Aug 1997 22:09:30 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with my Wincast, fxtv

Hi,

> Hi, I have a problem with my Wincast/TV card and/or fxtv.  I think it is
> the card based on what Steve had told me, but I thought I would see if
> anyone else had any ideas before I return it for a new one (with the UPS
> strike and all, returning it will be a couple of weeks or a month =(.)
>
> The problem is I get only certain channels.  I get channels 2-6, 14-20,
> and then the upper 90s, but nothing else.  The ones I do get come in clear
> and all, but the other ones are pure snow.  Does anyone have any ideas?
> Steve has suggested that the card is flakey, which I am beginning to
> believe.  Here is my setup:

this doesn't sound like the flakiness I have seen, ie the bad channels would
be marginal, not completely absent.  and the bad ones would have sync problems.
it was bad for the entire band affected, not just parts of it.

the bands are:

 2-6
 7-13
14-95

so 7-13 missing could be bad hardware (mis-tuned band), but 21 thru 89
missing sounds like something else.  I suggested you try hrc tuning, but
looking at the latest source I don't see that enabled.  I know somneone else
has gotten hrc working, but it evidently didn't make it into the
source tree.

who had hrc working?

--
Steve Passe	| powered by