Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2001 20:53:14 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
To:        Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Weird Fxtv issue, flaky card?

Jason Andresen:
 |When I start Fxtv, it is fine on lower channels (I use cable), but on
 |the upper channels I get vertical "noise bars" running through the
 |screen.

I've seen something similar when the channel set params aren't set right.
Perhaps you're set to cable and watching antenna, or vice versa.  Also,
make sure your channelset parms are set right:

   Fxtv.antennaFreqSet:     nabcst
   Fxtv.cableFreqSet:       cableirc

Do an "appres Fxtv | grep Set:" to see.

 |The strange this is, if I unmap the window (iconify it for instance) the
 |noise in the audio channel goes away.

Wow.  How close is your on-board audio chip (or audio card) to the video
card?  (that's a shot-in-the-dark ;-)

 |If I run an svideo cable off of the cablebox to the tuner card I get a
 |clear picture on all of the channels.

And clear audio?

Randall

--