Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 2002 13:52:53 -0300
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
Cc:        Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mpeg4ip 0.9.5

Hi,

	Port graphics/mpeg4ip has just been updated to version
0.9.5.

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 07:18:23PM +0200, Heiko Recktenwald wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
>
> Well, stranger than paradise, QT doesnt want to support video in
> playlists, see the artificial restriction in
> http://intra.b.lab.net/~uzs106/bla/quicktimehidesvideo.m3u --
>
> I am little bit biased with playlists, what I really like is
> mp4creator bla.mp3 -H bla.mp4.
>
> QT doesnt support it, although QT does play mp3s... But they support mp2
> in mp4s("thinking different").... The noble "mpeg 4 standard"...

	Did you try this against latest mp4creator? Unfortunaly, I cannot
verify that myself.

> http://intra.b.lab.net/~uzs106/bla/quicktimehidesvideo.m3u is with silent
> mp4s, couldnt yet get audio to work with QT. But I noticed, that the
> audio movies, that didnt play with QT 6 preview, play fine with QT 6
> final. after the player complains about wrong (aac) audio...

	Perhaps, you could contact about on this since you have
MacOSX installed. It is in their best interest to have it working
with mpeg4ip.

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer