Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 1996 18:30:39 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Seppo Kallio <kallio@cc.jyu.fi>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, multimedia@FreeBSD.org, users@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: * GUS PnP Pro + SNAP 960612 + SOYO - please help *

Yeach .. everything OK now! Thanks for everyone for replies. GUS PnP works
fine, the last trick found was the vat + Full duplex ...

These tools are all a little hard to use ... specially these PC hardware
with it's PnP and PCI PnP and irq and drq and port and iomem. I hope one
day we have real PnP.

> I would disable the Plug and Play option for the BIOS and insert the
> IRQs manually on the CMOS. I had do that once with a buggy AMI Plug & Play
> BIOS.

I have it something like that now.

> To configure the gus pnp in the above scenario, generate a config entry
> similar to this:
>
> device gus0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 11 drq 7 flags 0x5 vector gusintr

Well, that is not like that. No port, irq etc defined.

> 	Hope this helps,
> 	Amancio

Yes. I must go back to school and lear more about PC PnP ...

But I managet even add one Meteor and one GUS PnP Pro into same PC! I feel
I have learned something: It's the irq the problem, every time. Recheck
them use -v and remember Scroll Lock + pgup/down. Do not buy PnP 1.0 bios
motherboards. Buy only one type of motherboards, the one you know. Newer
use IDE and SCSI disks in same PC. etc.

Seppo