Date:      Thu, 9 Oct 2003 18:34:33 -0400
From:      Leo Bicknell <bicknell@ufp.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 802.11 AP Status?

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

In a message written on Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 04:59:46PM -0500, Mike Silbers=
ack wrote:
> Note that if you're willing to run -current, your options are even
> better:  According to the ath manpage, the Atheros based cards support BSS
> mode, they're a/b/g capable, and they're true PCI/cardbus cards, so they
> should perform better.

Hey, this is looking like a really good option.  The only thing
that's not clear to me is can you do b and g at the same time (eg,
have a 54M g and 11M b client off the same AP) with a single card,
or would you need to have two cards, one running in each mode?

I get the impression if you run an AP in 802.11g mode then 802.11b
clients "just work", but it doesn't say that explicitly.

--=20
       Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org - CCIE 3440
Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe