Date:      Thu, 26 May 2005 15:15:00 +0900 (JST)
From:      NAKATA Maho <chat95@mac.com>
To:        openoffice@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        kris@obsecurity.org
Subject:   HEADS UP [RFC] Some OpenOffice.org port changes

Dear all,

Now it is the time to clean up OpenOffice.org ports.

1. So many localized ports which seems to be unnecessary.
2. openoffice.org 1.0 port had been broken for long time.
3. localized packages for 2.0
4. due date

----------
1. So many localized ports which seems to be unnecessary.
% cd /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-1.1
% grep LOCALIZED_LANG files/Makefile.localized | wc -l
      40
40 packages!
and in the ports tree, we build following packages:
arabic/openoffice-1.1
chinese/openoffice-1.1-zh_CN
chinese/openoffice-1.1-zh_TW
editors/openoffice-1.1
editors/openoffice-1.1-ca
editors/openoffice-1.1-cs
editors/openoffice-1.1-dk
editors/openoffice-1.1-el
editors/openoffice-1.1-es
editors/openoffice-1.1-et
editors/openoffice-1.1-fi
editors/openoffice-1.1-it
editors/openoffice-1.1-nl
editors/openoffice-1.1-se
editors/openoffice-1.1-sk
editors/openoffice-1.1-sl_SI
editors/openoffice-1.1-tr
french/openoffice-1.1
german/openoffice-1.1
hungarian/openoffice-1.1
japanese/openoffice-1.1
korean/openoffice-1.1
polish/openoffice-1.1
portuguese/openoffice-1.1-pt_BR
portuguese/openoffice-1.1-pt_PT
russian/openoffice-1.1

I would like to delete some of them. However, you can still
build with make LOCALIZED_LANG=ABC for your ABC language.
what languages are available can be seen:
ports/editors/openoffice-1.1/files/Makefile.localized
so, if you would like to keep your language in the ports tree,
please let me know.

2. delete request of openoffice-1.0 port
openoffice-1.0 port is broken:
unfetchable since  Sat Mar 26 20:10:58 2005 UTC, and
broken build since Sep 19 02:54:22 2004 UTC (8 months ago).
so it is time to delete openoffice-1.0 port. any objection?

3. localized packages for 2.0
Although you can build every localized packages with make LOCALIZED_LANG=ABC,
I would like to make several localized packages available at ports.
If you want to have one, please let me know.

4. due date
I'll wait for 2005/6/26 JST 09:00.
if no reply about some language, I'll delete in the ports tree. In anycase,
you can build by setting LOCALIZED_LANG=ABC

Thank you very much
-- NAKATA, Maho (maho@FreeBSD.org)