| raw e-mail | index | archive | help
I'm using lysator.liu.se as the domain on both client and server. It
seems to work since listing files give correct owners.

I have dumped the traffic from mounting and creating a file named
test file that shows up as owned by nobody. I get the following call
made

	NFS	438	V4 Call (Reply In 131) Open OPEN DH: 0x30a4c0aa/testfil

In the OPEN (18) opcode, owner is set to

		0000   af 16 00 00 93 fc 00 00 07 76 0d 00

while the server sets owner to ex. kempe@lysator.liu.se as expected
when directory listings are made.

vfs.nfs.enable_uidtostring is 0 on the client machine and I am not
quite able to make sense of what the 12 bytes in the owner field are
supposed to be. They are not the ASCII representation and nither my
user's GID and UID that are both 0x7b02.

// Andreas Kempe