Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:00:17 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        akbeech@gmail.com, Beech Rintoul <beech@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Video and Skype

Quoting Beech Rintoul <beech@freebsd.org> (from Tue, 27 Jan 2009 =20
13:27:32 -0900):

> Skype just sent me two webcams to help me get video working with skype.
>
> usbdevs:
> addr 2: USB camera, vendor 0x0c45
>
> I've installed port multimedia/linux-gspca-kmod , run command kldload gspc=
> and attached webcam.

> It works fine with multimedia/pwcbsd (viewer only - pwcview), but =20
> doesn't with
> skype:

> kernel: linux: pid 24186 (skype): ioctl fd=3D40, cmd=3D0x7601 ('v',1) is n=
ot
> implemented

Am I right to assume that pwcbsd is a native application and the skype =20
you are running here is a linux one? If yes, it looks like there's =20
some kernel support missing for this. Try to find out what ioctl this =20
is, and you should be a step towards finding out what the problem is...

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
The phone will not ring until you leave your desk and walk
to the other end of the building.

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137