Date:      Fri, 4 Jun 2004 07:40:16 +0200
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MP3 players (USB devices) -- how compatible?

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 22:07:59 -0500 (CDT)
Conrad Sabatier <conrads@cox.net> wrote:

> one and hook it up to my machine.  Is it a simple matter of
> configuring it as a umass device and just copying files over to the
> player?  Or are most of them really that dependent on the proprietary
> Windows/Mac software that comes bundled with most of the them?

It varies. Some devices are true umass devices, some are proprietary.
And there are even some that started life as proprietary, but now (with
new firmware) have changed into umass devices. I have a Dynetel DN6512
(aka "Tuny II") player, and it is now a umass device.

--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,