Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 2008 20:15:12 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, ariff@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New snd_hda driver came in.

Quoting Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org> (Sat, 13 Sep 2008 20:08:41 +0300):

> Hi.
>=20
> I have just committed my massive snd_hda driver update to the 8-CURRENT.

Congratulations to our new HDA maintainer... ;-)

> New driver supports digital PCM playback and AC3 pass-through. I am not=20
> sure about completeness of this implementation, but I have several=20
> success stories including my own. Vchans subsystem does not support AC3=20
> pass-through so it had to be disabled for that devices at this moment.

As vchans is our internal many-to-one (physical output) mixer, and the
fact that digital out can be anything (PCM, AC3, ...) I think a
sensible default for vchans would be to ignore digital interfaces. I
don't know if this is easy to do or not.

=46rom what I've read on the list it looks like great work. I'm sure I
will be happy about it when I get a machine with HDA, so thanks in
advance. :)

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #57:
	 Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
		-- ST:DS9, "Armageddon Game"
http://www.Leidinger.net  Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org     netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137