Date:      Sun, 4 Jan 1998 17:36:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@nbc.netcom.ca>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gack, again! 3DFX cards.

On Sat, 3 Jan 1998, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> Not sure whats going on;however, you are the only so far reporting
> that glquake does not work on current perhaps there are others
> having similar problem however they have not reported anything to me
> or the list.

    This is the tail end of the output when I run glquake from a text
console.  The Linux Glide and Mesa libraries were installed according
to the instructions.  BTW, does it matter if I'm running syscons or
pcvt?

# ./glquake
[...]
PackFile: ./id1/pak0.pak : gfx/palette.lmp
PackFile: ./id1/pak0.pak : gfx/colormap.lmp
loop 0
svgali vc ?? 1
key one 0
return from key init
./glquake: can't resolve symbol 'fxMesaCreateContext'
#

    At this point, the machine is still running happily, but the
console keyboard mapping is completely hosed, and I have to do a
remote reboot to clear it up.  I wouldn't mind so much if it didn't
kill the keyboard...
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@netcom.ca)