Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 2002 19:50:29 -0300
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XVideo problem playing DVDs using Ogle

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 07:14:50AM +1000, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> [I don't normally follow this list so please copy me in any replies]
>
> I'm trying to watch DVDs using ogle (ports/graphics/ogle) and having
> a problem with the XVideo extension.
>
> I'm using a recent -STABLE (about a week old) with a Matrox G550 and
> XFree86-4.2.0_1,1.  The XVideo extension is present and ogle detects
> it:
>
> Note[ogle_vout]: Found Xv extension 2.2, checking for suitable adaptors
> Note[ogle_vout]: Xv adaptor "Matrox G-Series Backend Scaler" port 55 image format 842094169

	Did you try compiling XFree86-4 both with and without
WITH_MATROX_GXX_DRIVER ?
	This enables use of the MATROX driver instead of the XFree
Consortium supplied one. Perhaps, this can help.

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer