Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 1997 15:23:50 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Jamie Bowden <jamie@inna.net>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.org, Thomas Arnold <tom@inna.net>
Subject:   Re: bt848

ftp://rah.star-gate.com/bt848.tar.gz

I would also check out Hauppage's WinCast Tv which also has a tuner which
is currently not supported however various hackers have expressed keen
interest in supporting .

A couple of things about the Win95 Bt848 drivers, they differ first of.
You really want one which can provide "overlay" that is PCI to PCI
transfer and also support for different video formats. The Intel
Smart Video Recorder III driver is very limited:
o no "overlay" capability
o supports only YUV9 and RGB24

Me, I am stuck with the Intel Smart Video Recorder III which is great
for writing a driver since it only has a single chip --- the Bt848.

	Enjoy,
	Amancio