Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 2013 22:47:32 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?B?UmFkaW8gbcWCb2R5Y2ggYmFuZHl0w7N3?= <radiomlodychbandytow@o2.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   A failed drive causes system to hang

Seeing a ZFS thread, I decided to write about a similar problem that I
experience.
I have a failing drive in my array. I need to RMA it, but don't have
time and it fails rarely enough to be a yet another annoyance.
The failure is simple: it fails to respond.
When it happens, the only thing I found I can do is switch consoles. Any
command fails, login fails, apps hang.

On the 1st console I see a series of messages like:

(ada0:ahcich0:0:0:0): CAM status: Command timeout
(ada0:ahcich0:0:0:0): Error 5, Periph was invalidated
(ada0:ahcich0:0:0:0): WRITE_FPDMA_QUEUED

I use RAIDZ1 and I'd expect that none single failure would cause the
system to fail...
--
Twoje radio