Date:      Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:26:17 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Oliver Lehmann" <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Digital Out not working?

Hi,

I've tried the digital (coax!) out of my Soundcard (on-board) but it's not
working. I'm sure my Receiver is configured right because when I plug the cable
in my DVD Players digital Coax Out it works. I switched the
hw.snd.pcm0.spdif_enabled sysctl and the analog out stoped (as expected) but I
got no digital output on the Coax port. It is a

pcm0: <VIA VT8237> at io 0xbc00 irq 22  (5p/5s/1r/0v channels duplex default)

any idea on how to further debug it? I was thinking of trying toslink but
I only have a cable which works with my pocket MD Player I've to search for
first. An even if toslink does work, I probably don't want to use it since
15-20m TOSLINK cables are quite expensive comparing to normal 15-20m coax
cables.