Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 1997 13:16:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Merry <ken@housing1.stucen.gatech.edu>
To:        stanb@netcom.com (Stan Brown)
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Troubles sompiling kernel with GUS support

Stan Brown wrote...

> 	I am trying to compile a kernel with GUS support. First I ahd the
> 	problem of nbor finding one of the include file sin the midid. Someone
> 	sugested hard coding the path to this in the .c file that references it
> 	I did this, but now I get prooblems at link time.
>
> 	See below. I think i must be doing somethign wromg here, could some
> 	kind soul give me some advice on this?
>

> cc -O -Wreturn-type -Wcomment -Wredundant-decls -Wimplicit  -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes  -Wpointer-arith  -nostdinc -I- -I. -I../.. -I../../../include -DMAX_CONS=12 -DHARD_FONTS -DCOMPAT_43 -DCD9660 -DMSDOSFS -DNFS -DFFS -DINET -DKERNEL -c vers.c
> gus_card.o: Undefined symbol `_snd_set_irq_handler' referenced from text segment
> gus_card.o: Undefined symbol `_snd_release_irq' referenced from text segment
> gus_midi.o: Undefined symbol `_num_midis' referenced from text segment

	Looks like you may need "controller snd0" in your config file.
Here's what the sound stuff in my config file looks like:

controller      snd0
device          gus0 at isa? vector gusintr

(if you don't have Plug N Play BIOS, you'll need to use a different line
for the gus device, I think)

Hope this helps,

Ken
--