--------------i3NhsmX00aFPf00L2TS5AVAO

On 4/22/2024 11:18 AM, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> mike tancsa<mike@sentex.net>  writes:
>> I upgraded a RELENG_13 box from last March to one today to bring in
>> some of the zfs bug fixes.  But now I have this warning on a pool that
>> was not there before.  But the special devices (two 2TB samsungs) are
>> 512 according to smartctl?  Any idea why this warning popped up on the
>> pool all of a sudden?  the disks and pool have been the same for a
>> year or so.
> what does `sysctl vfs.zfs.vdev.min_auto_ashift` say?
  sysctl vfs.zfs.vdev.min_auto_ashift
vfs.zfs.vdev.min_auto_ashift: 9
>> Sector Size:      512 bytes logical/physical
> The SSD is doing read-copy-update behind the scenes to support a
> 512-byte sector size for compatibility reasons, the real sector size is
> unlikely to be less than 4 kB and may actually be significantly larger.

Where what would be picking up the "true" size and why the change from a
March 4th system to one today ?

     ---Mike

--------------i3NhsmX00aFPf00L2TS5AVAO

<!DOCTYPE html>
  <head>
  </head>
      Smørgrav wrote:<br>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">mike tancsa <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:mike@sentex.net">&lt;mike@sentex.net&gt;</a> writes:
</pre>
        <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">I upgraded a RELENG_13 box from last March to one today to bring in
some of the zfs bug fixes.  But now I have this warning on a pool that
was not there before.  But the special devices (two 2TB samsungs) are
512 according to smartctl?  Any idea why this warning popped up on the
pool all of a sudden?  the disks and pool have been the same for a
year or so.
</pre>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">
what does `sysctl vfs.zfs.vdev.min_auto_ashift` say?
</pre>
     sysctl vfs.zfs.vdev.min_auto_ashift<br>
    vfs.zfs.vdev.min_auto_ashift: 9<br>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">
</pre>
        <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">Sector Size:      512 bytes logical/physical
</pre>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">
The SSD is doing read-copy-update behind the scenes to support a
512-byte sector size for compatibility reasons, the real sector size is
unlikely to be less than 4 kB and may actually be significantly larger.
</pre>
      from a March 4th system to one today ?</p>

--------------i3NhsmX00aFPf00L2TS5AVAO--