Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:17:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kip Macy <kmacy@fsmware.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD mail list etiquette

This isn't a game Kris. I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings. Core always
supports its own. Take a look at the history of SMP locking, the sudden
change of ownership when the foundation came into money, the ensuing
letter to core, and then the complete inaction.

> Those allegations against the core member were withdrawn, and I think
> it is despicable of you to use slurs of racism to attempt to promote
> your project.  Hiten shouldn't be used as a pawn.

Hiten is not a pawn. He is my friend. He has been endlessly hurt by
numerous *private* e-mails to him from people on the FreeBSD lists.
Please re-read my original e-mail I did not claim anything on the part of
core.  I'm not slurring the community as a whole. Please note that
DragonFly is not "my project" any more than FreeBSD is, I happened to do
some work in it.

> No-one has a problem with DragonFly having forked over technical
> differences.  Don't polarise it into active hate between the two
> projects, you'll only end up damaging both.

Thank you for the advice. If you'll notice I'm not on any of the lists any
more. As soon is thread is permitted to die you will likely never hear
from me again. Please don't expect me to be silent on the e-mails that I
do receive, taking some sort of "moral high-ground".

				-Kip