Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2001 15:03:29 -0500
From:      Chip Marshall <chip@setzer.chocobo.cx>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound card recommendation

Hello everybody,
I'm thinking about buying some new PC hardware, and was considering a
new sound card. Since FreeBSD is my primary operating system (I keep
Windows 98 SE on the box as well, for those new fangled games), I
figured I'd ask here to see if anyone has a recommendation on what is a
good PCI sound card for use in FreeBSD.

My current card is a Sound Blaster AWE32 ISA, which has worked well,
but my new motherboard may not have an ISA slot for it.

--
Chip Marshall <chip@chocobo.cx> http://www.chocobo.cx/chip/ Finger for PGP
GCM/CS d+(-) s+:++ a19>? C++ UB++++$ P+++$ L- E--- W++ N+@ o K- w O M+ V--