Date:      Sun, 04 Jan 1998 03:44:44 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gack, again! 3DFX cards.

> I made a tarball that extracts, patches, recompiles, yadda yadda yadda...
> It was made on 2.2.5, but should be pretty much standard.
>
> Yank from ftp://ftp.atipa.com/pub/FreeBSD/bsd-voodoo.tgz.

And doesn't work with the Voodoo Rush.  Drat! ;)

I was feeling adventurous so I just went out and got the Intergraph
Intense3D Voodoo Rush card today, a combined 2D/3D card which will
save me a PCI slot (a precious resource) on the day that Xi Graphics
supports the Alliance Semiconductor AT25 chip.  They support a number
of the earlier Alliance line, so hope springs eternal.  In the
meantime I'm simply using both cards at once which works fine.
Windows95 uses the Intense3D card and FreeBSD (well, the X server) the
Matrox Millenium.  Since I don't switch between the two environments
very often, physically switching the VGA cable is not too painful.

					Jordan