Date:      06 Dec 2002 14:36:15 -0500
From:      Rob Sanchez <sanchero@gvsu.edu>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   ** WARNING **: Unable reach the control-center.sel

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a little guidance with increasing the font size on a
few of my gtk apps - in particular, Evolution (trying to change font
size for menus, summary, calendar, etc - I know that font size is
adjustable for messages from the menu).

Looking through some gnome mailing lists (from 2000) I found that I
might be able to adjust this by using gtkhtml - however, I cannot access
this from the control center (at least I don't think I can.)

At the terminal I type:

$ gtkhtml-properties-capplet
and I get:

** WARNING **: Unable reach the control-center.
Exiting...

So I looked around a little bit more and found that it might be a
problem with 'libcapplet' so I de-install/re-build/re-install it, but
same problem.

when I type:

$ metatheme_selector_capplet
I get the "Desktop theme selector," which is part of the control center,
no problems.

I have de-installed/re-built/re-installed 'gnomecontrolcenter2',
'gtkhtml','libcapplet','gnomepanel' and others.  Anything else I should
try to access the 'gtkhtml' properties or increase the font size in
'Evolution'?  Maybe some applets are not available through the control
center on purpose?

Thanks very much for your help - forgive me if this sounds silly, I am
new to gnome.

Rob Sanchez