Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 2004 01:16:57 +0100
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel 845 and TV-out: how to switch to PAL mode?

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 00:54:21 +0100
Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no> wrote:

A quick follow-up, as I have found some more information.

> It has an Intel 845GV chipset, so when I connect it to my TV (and no

The machine in question is a MSI Hermes 845GV (not the "-lite" version).

> Therefore, I world like to switch the TV output to PAL mode. I can't

Hehee, it should read "would"... hehehe... :)

> find anything in BIOS related to this.

Ok, the i845 has a Chrontel CH7009 chip connected to it. This is a DVI
and TV-out encoder. Apparently it is in this chip that you would change
from NTSC to PAL mode.
Now, if I just had a FreeBSD program to do that...
Intel's developer pages for "Intel Extreme Graphics" lists selection of
wrong TV standard (NTSC / PAL / SECAM) as the most likely cause when you
get a black and white picture on your TV.

Any hints?
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,