Date:      Wed, 04 Feb 1998 01:45:48 -0500
From:      Adam McDougall <mcdougall@ameritech.net>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   getting a matcdc0 to detect

Hello, someone gave me a 4x cdrom with a panasonic interface for free,
and my sb16 model CT2300(something) has a panasonic connector, so I went
about trying to get it to work.  so far, no luck. I have no idea what
port the panasonic connector is supposed to use, and my cdrom is a Teac
4x model CD55A.  According to the price tag, someone payed $209 for it
way back when :)

Strange thing is, is during when the kernel probes for it, the drive's
light comes on, and it seems to try to make activity, but still doesnt
detect.  Someone clued me in that the port may be 0x340 and I have tried
that but still no go.  I also tried isa? port?  in the kernel conf file
but it still doesnt probe.  there are four jumpers on the cdrom, and I
belueve they are for a device id of some kind.  appearently ther
panasonic interface allowed daisy chaining of up to 4 devices.  the
jumper was on #2 when I got it, and I have tried with all four, one at a
time.  I also have matcdc0 thru 3 in the conf file just incase.

A standard 40 pin ide cable is what im using to connect it to the
panasonic interface on my sb16.

Any ideas?   Thanks in advance.