Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 1997 01:39:31 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>, Stan Voket <asv@gaboon.nai.net>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Win TV

Hi,

> John-Mark Gurney (now-bt driver hacker :) confirmed to me that it is
> spitting out stereo.  dbx is acutally a noise-reduction system.  I have my
> speakers set pretty close apart so it's hard to tell from my setup.

unless someone has done additional work with it it probably isn't as good as
it
could be.  The stereo part's datasheet claims it need to be aligned at the
factory with the results being stored into EEProm.  The driver needs to read
these values and load them into the part.  We have no documentation on the
EEProm contents so its a bit difficult...  When I did the initial coding for
the part I turned on stereo out, but thats all.

--
Steve Passe     | Powered by