Date:      Sat, 3 Sep 2011 08:04:24 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   falshplayer10 && /tmp file system full

Hi,

Yesterday evening my wife complaint that she was unable to watch her
favored movies in YouTube within KDE's konqueror and flash10. Both we
run the same 9-CURRENT in our laptops and mine was working, in her the
flash only showed the moving circle but no picture. After some time of
checking I came to the idea to fire up konqueror from a xterm window to
see perhaps some messages, and yes, it just said repeating: /tmp file
system full...

There are a lot of file /tmp/FlashXX* with tons of Megatbytes, and one
can even re-play them with mplayer, they are of type:

$ file /tmp/FlashXX4g7qKo
/tmp/FlashXX4g7qKo: Macromedia Flash Video

after removin them all was fine again;

Questions:

- Why they are there left over?
- Why is konqueror (or flash) hyding the fact of FS full and not just
  popping up some error box to let 'normal' users get to the problem?

Thanks

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211