Date:      Tue, 2 Feb 1999 15:01:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      Joe Orthoefer <orthoefe@gte.net>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   More problems with linux voodoo rush X server

Still trying to get the modified linux XFree86 X server for voodoo rush to
run under emulation (so I can eventually try to get linux glide working).
It seems to run now, after figuring out the right symbolic links to for it
to find the virtual terminals, displaying a nice stippled background and
letting xterms and window managers connect to it, but it doesn't like my
mouseman on ttyd0.

The native freebsd SVGA X server has no problem with the mouse.  I'm using
the same XF86Config file for both the linux and native X servers.  I'm
using the 19990106-3.0-snap.

Are there any incompatabilities in the way com ports/ttys are handle by
the linulator?

I've got some ktraces of the X server starting available.

Thanks,

Joe Orthoefer