Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 1997 18:54:31 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The "BT848 RISC Challenge"

Amancio Hasty:
 |First of in PC Land  we do refer to BGR to RGB.

? sorry, no clue what you meant there

 |Not sure if we can support what you want. Heck get an S3 card.

     Re the last part, I feel a bit differently about it.  I've got an S3V,
but there's nothing sacred about its byte order.  If the capture card can
support both orderings, the driver probably should so joe-user that has a
card with the opposite byte order from mine isn't left out needlessly.
Useful for joe if he wants to do 1280x1024@24bpp if he's only got 4Meg
(3Bpp flies, but not 4 -- insuff mem).  But it doesn't help the 2Meg folks,
unless their card won't do 800x600x4Bpp, just 800x600x3Bpp.

     Given no current customers for this feature, its probably not worth
any more brain cells now.

 |Not sure that the a Risc program is the way to do the pixel reordering
 |that is if a risc program can doit at all. The PCI latency will probably
 |kill the risc program.

Yeah, I was joking. :-)  2.5Meg for a RISC program is kind'of amusing.

Thanks for the reply.

Randall