Date:      Mon, 24 Dec 2001 12:45:18 +0100
From:      Volker Stolz <stolz@hyperion.informatik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Several mplayer issues

1) mplayer -vo dga switches to a black screen, audio and ffw/rew
work, but no picture on XFree 4, DGA is enabled, gfx card
is a Voodoo 3 AGP. There are no warnings or related messages in
the logs.

2) Playback on a P-III@750 in fullscreen is too slow?!
Is this right? The machine has lots of RAM and UDMA drives.
I get the best results with sdl, but have to live with skipped
frames or desynched audio/video :-(
mplayer was compiled from source and I made sure that MMX & SSE
are available.

3) mplayer -vo gl[2] will throw X into a hissy fit, leaving me
with a core dump from XFree :-(

If somebody can give me some hints on how to improve things,
I'd be really glad!

Seasons greetings,
  Volker
--
Wonderful \hbox (0.80312pt too nice) in paragraph at lines 16--18
Volker Stolz * stolz@i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de