Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 1997 02:00:14 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   matrox meteor and the Natoma chipset....

Hi

Thomas sent me this and I thought that it will be nice to share it
with you guys..

I wouldn't trust this solution too much given that the  Meteor can still
crash my PPRO using "tv" and saving files to disk however for
those stuck with a Meteor and a Natoma chipset it may be worth
a try to modify vic to use yuv packed mode. If people have
problems doing this conversion I willbe more than happy to post
my version of the grabber-meteor.cc for vic which uses yuv packed
mode. It works fine with my bt848 pci card and the meteor.

	Regards,
	Amancio