Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 2010 22:27:53 +0200
From:      Bernhard Froehlich <decke@FreeBSD.org>
To:        <multimedia@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   DVB-S Live TV on MythTV 0.23 with webcamd

Hi Multimedia Users!

Thanks to the work of Hans Petter Selasky on video4bsd it is finally
possible to watch Live TV on mythtv. Not from an old analog card but from
an relative new DVB-S2 device (Pinnacle PCTV Sat HDTV Pro USB 452e).

http://home.bluelife.at/images/mythtv-0.23-DVB-1.jpg

It only took me one evening to enable v4l support on mythtv and everything
else just worked! Thanks also to nox@ for the work on this device and the
descriptions of how to use it. I will commit this together with the mythtv
0.23 update that will come in a few weeks.

So what do you need?

* a supported USB device (eg. Pinnacle PCTV Sat HDTV Pro USB 452e)
* video4bsd from the svn repository
  http://www.selasky.org/hans_petter/video4bsd/
* mythtv 0.23 with enabled v4l
  http://home.bluelife.at/ports/mythtv-cft-20100427.tar.gz