Date:      Mon, 3 Jan 2005 15:18:04 -0800
From:      Steve Sizemore <steve@LS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Jacob Meuser <jakemsr@jakemsr.com>
Cc:        Steve Sizemore <steve@LS.Berkeley.EDU>
Subject:   Re: Hauppauge WinTV support in bktr

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 07:15:01PM -0800, Jacob Meuser wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 06:19:38PM -0800, Steve Sizemore wrote:
> >=20
> > From dmesg:
> >=20
> >     bktr_mem: memory holder loaded
> >     bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xfc001000-0xfc001fff irq 11 at device 7=
=2E0 on pci2
> >     bktr0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
> >     bktr0: Hauppauge Model 29440  @ %
> >     bktr0: Warning - Unknown Hauppauge Tuner 0x9d
> >     bktr0: Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips NTSC tuner.
> >     bktr0: Warning - Unknown Hauppauge Tuner 0x9d
> >=20
>=20
> > Anything I can do to help the process?
>=20
> find out what kind of tuner it has.  this information is usually on
> the tuner (the "box" on the card where the cables attach), but you
> may have to peel back some stickers ;)
> some model numbers are listed in sys/dev/bktr/bktr_card.c.
> by looking at the tuner on my two different cards, I was able to
> determine what tuners they had. =20

Thanks for your answer, Jacob. I just opened up the box to look at the
tuner, and the information on the label is
	NTSC
	44981
	Rev E199

Peeling back the label revealed only bare metal.

I trust this is the information you were hoping for...

Thanks.
Steve
--=20
Steve Sizemore <steve (at) ls.berkeley.edu>, (510) 642-8570
Unix System Manager
    Dept. of Mathematics and College of Letters and Science
    University of California, Berkeley

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/--