Date:      Wed, 4 Feb 1998 22:50:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: kern/5616: sound_config.h has wrong default for SB16 high DMA]

On Sat, 31 Jan 1998, Studded wrote:

> My understanding is that you folks want a copy of these kinds of
> things. If there is any response, please send it directly to me since
> I'm not on this list.

The instructions that you have to specify `options SBC_IRQ' and whatnot
are horrendously out of date.  Those values are specified (and overridden)
in your kernel config anyway, so that change wouldn't make a difference.

I've been running mine on IRQ 5/DMA1 HighDMA 5 for years without the SBC_*
options and everything is peachy keen.  And that was when I actually *had*
the AWE32 back in the 2.1.x days (it's in limbo somewhere, either at a
friend's place or in the box locked in the CS department machine room :)

YMMV.