Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2002 12:06:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Protius <protius@bobdbob.com>
To:        protius@bobdbob.com, winter@jurai.net
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Creative CT7160 mpeg card

>> I've been playing with a Creative Labs CT7160 mpeg decoder card for the
>> last couple of weeks, and I have vaguely functional FreeBSD device driver
>> for it.
>>
>> http://www.bobdbob.com/~protius/ls220/
>>
>> Is there any interest in this card/driver?  Beta test, anyone?
>
>Man, thats kinda slick.

Thanks!

>Now, if you can make it a valid XVideo output device, and write an
>XFree86-4 driver for it that would be ammusing (abusing it as a
>framebuffer for displaying to a TV that is.)

I'll put that on the todo list...  :-)
One interesting detail will be that its truely an NTSC frame buffer,
YUV, not RGB, and the U and V are 1/2 the horizontal resolution of the Y.

-Tommy               "Microsoft wants shareholders. Open source programmers
protius@bobdbob.com  "want the damn thing to work."  - Cliff Sarginson
KE4ILZ