Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 1998 13:09:30 +0200
From:      Stephan Lichtenauer <s_lichtenauer@muenchen.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SLab problems with FreeBSD

hi!

I have downloaded SLab, a great Linux harddisk recording program with 64 tracks,
lots of effects etc. Nevertheless I am afraid that FreeBSD 2.2.6 is not
convinced because its Linux emulation makes some problems. SLab 2.20.1R itself
runs fine but I get repeated messages "LINUX: ioctl fd=10, typ=0x44d(M),
num=0xfb not implemented" and when I want to play (VoxWare drivers), only the
data that has been played with other programs before and that still is in the
driver buffers can be heard in an endless loop. I have set up /dev/dsp0 and
/dev/mixer (WriteOnly) as the only devices.

I would be glad if you could help me! Is this error caused by the missing
ioctl-call? What does this call do? Thanks a lot!

Please CC to me, I am not subscribed!

Regards

Stephan Lichtenauer
Germany