DED: >>>         rsync: 3.2.7_1 -> 3.3.0 >>> >>> Number of packages to be upgraded: 1 >>> >>> 405 KiB to be downloaded. >>> >>> Proceed with this action? [y/N]: >>> ---snip--- >>> >>> Any ideas why it wants to remove those packages in the first case? >> >> >> I see similar behavior from time to time. Last time (a few days ago) pkg >> wanted to uninstall about 30 packages when I tried to install Signal Desktop >> (I tried to install another package without any dependencies, but pkg >> behaves the same). I didn't have time to solve it, I just left it alone. The >> second day (after reboot) everything worked normally and pkg installed only >> Signal Desktop, no other dependencies/libraries were affected. >> >> And similarly, pkg during 'pkg upgrade' installed several packages, which >> after completing 'pkg upgrade' again uninstalled by command 'pkg autoremove' >> (I remember mate-desktop, which I don't use at all, I use KDE Plasma) It was >> right before I tried to install Signal Desktop. >> >> >> Kind regards >> Miroslav Lachman >> >> > > This is usually due to shlibs_provided and shlibs_required,, pkg check -d should > be able to highlight some of the issues Speaking of pkg check, should it work with a changed root directory (pkg -r /some/path check) or chroot (pkg -c /some/path check)? I'm doing a pkg upgrade of a desktop in a cloned BE and if I run pkg check after pkg upgrade (with -c), pkg check prints an error for hundreds or thousands of files. So it seems I cannot check before the reboot to newly updated BE (I know I can run it as jail but it more work than pkg -c) Kind regards Miroslav Lachman