Date:      Fri, 6 Feb 1998 01:45:49 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   bktr - major number is _wrong_.

The major number used for the bktr driver is the one allocated for the ipl
(IP filter) device.  This is unfortunate, and mean we'll more-or-less have
to change the major for the bktr driver :-(

I don't think assigning the IP-filter major to the bktr-driver and
re-assigning ipl is an option - there are more people that use bktr than
ipl, but ipl is mission-critical and bktr is not.

Any thoughts on what we can do to make the transition as easy as possible?

Eivind.