Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 07:00:51 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        John Murray <jmurray@vt.edu>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Subject:   Re: fxtv problems

John Murray:
 |> If not, next thing: In Fxtv, put a printf at the top of the frame
 |> completion signal handler (the driver issues this signal):
 |>
 |>      static void TVCAPTUREFrameDoneSigHdlr()
 |>      {
 |> +        printf( "TVCAPTUREFrameDoneSigHdlr\n" );
 |>          S_frame_done_count++;
 |>      #ifdef linux
 |>
 |> When you freeze a frame, run with direct video disabled, or capture movies,
 |> you should see one printf per captured frame.  My guess is, with your
 |> current setup, you won't see this (again, no clue why yet).  But this'll
 |> help pin down whether it's a driver or an app bug.
 |
 |Well as you predictied that didn't do any thing.  I didn't mention befare
 |but running with direct video disabled dosn't work, but that seems fit
 |with the other problems.

Ok.  So the issue is, for your STB card, the driver isn't firing off a
"frame-done" signal to the client application when signals are requested by
the client.  Sounds like this one is a driver issue (Ccing Amancio).

Odd, since we have a few STB folks out there I know.  Wonder if they've
changed something about their board design.

Randall