Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 11:25:31 -0800
From:      Greg Rumple <grumple@zaphon.llamas.net>
To:        e-devil@e-devil.org
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SoundBlaster 16PCI (ES1371)

I have reported this multiple times with no answer.  I have found a way
around it though.  If you boot another OS such as windows or linux and
load the sound drivers for the card on that os, and than boot back to
FreeBSD all will be fine until the machine is powered off.  The FreeBSD
driver is obviously not setting everything that needs to be set at
initialization time.  Loading the alternative OS driver does this for
it.  I myself made a boot floppy that boots linux and loads the driver,
that I can boot if I happen to lose power.

Greg

* e-devil@e-devil.org (e-devil@e-devil.org) [010219 18:31]:

--
Greg Rumple