Date:      04 Mar 2002 18:33:25 +1130
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Jai Dhar <jdhar@curry.turban2000.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mplayer frame's problem

On Mon, 2002-03-04 at 18:19, Jai Dhar wrote:
> I'm having severe frame speed problems when using mplayer to play video, all video. The result is
> extremely slow and jerky playback. When running top, Mplayer takes about 30%, and X takes abotu
> 50%... I'm using -vo sdl, and tried -ao sdl also, but that doesn't help it. My hardware is a P4 1.4,
> 256ram and TNT2 Card. I'v tried using -vo xv, but that doesn't work.. here is output from mplayer.

You need Xv support to get decent performance..
If you're playing full screen the translation from YUV->RGB and
rescaling will kill your CPU.

You have a TNT2 which means you could try
ftp://ftp.jurai.net/users/winter/nvidia/README

It works fairly well but still has a few bugs :)

---
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum